Friday 7 November 2014

God of cricket writes his autobiography

“Playing It My Way” is the autobiography of former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. It was launched on 5 November 2014 in Mumbai.

The book summarizes Tendulkar's early days, his 24 years of international career and aspects of his life that have not been shared publicly. "I knew that if I agreed to write my story, I would have to be completely honest, as that’s the way I have always played the game and that would mean talking about a number of things I have not addressed in public before.
So here I am, at the end of my final innings, having taken that last walk back to the pavilion, ready to recount as many incidents as I can remember since first picking up a cricket bat as a child in Mumbai thirty-five years ago." - Sachin Tendulkar.

The book launch took place on 5th November 2014 in Mumbai, a group of India's cricketing legends, including Sunil Gavaskar and Ravi Shastri, remembered their association with Tendulkar and shared anecdotes from the field and outside it.

Tendulkar was present at the event with his wife Anjali and family members. His long-time teammates Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman are also among the guests.

This book was definitely one of the most awaited sports books and the first copy of the book Playing It My Way has been presented to Sachin's mother Rajni Tendulkar. The second copy was given to Sachin's coach Ramakant Achrekar, by Sara Tendulkar - Sachin's daughter.
Ajit, who introduced Sachin to cricket, said he always discussed Sachin's dismissals and never celebrated his hundreds, fearing his brother might feel he has done enough. "Playing It My Way' is a different sort of innings for me, and was in the making for the last three years.

As with the game, I have been honest and sincere in putting together various aspects of my life, and the book is something I hope readers will enjoy," he said.

Posted By: Shreya Saraf, Campus brand ambassador Intern at: http://pickyouropinion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment