Friday 5 September 2014


TEACHERS – CANNOT THANK THEM ENOUGH

Teacher, the sound of this word is enough to bring back the countless memories I have had in my school life. All the lessons I have learnt from them at every stage. On the personal front I have done my schooling from both Kolkata (1st to 10th) and Ahmedabad (11th and 12th) hence has inculcated cultures of both east and west.

I am mentioning only about school because I believe that the rapport that a student develops with its teacher in the school level is the maximum when compared to college. It is the school where a child unknown to the cruel world enters with teary eyes and goes through a transformation which changes its life forever.
I am not going to mention the obvious, i.e. why is Teachers’ day celebrated and how is it celebrated. I will rather talk about what makes a teacher a constant source of inspiration and why the teacher- student relationship is the holiest one ever. A teacher is a teacher because it teaches you not only what is there in the textbook but the lessons of life. Lessons which make a child transform into a man. At every step wrong or right, a student will find the teacher by its side. Every teacher has its unique personality and lessons to teach. My days in Kolkata’s school, ST. Lawrence High School were great and helped me build the strongest base. Though I didn’t share a friendly relationship with my teachers but the strictness they had made me what I am today.

While on the contrary, the teachers in Ahmedabad, Amrita Vidyalayam were very friendly with us. Here is where I learnt to be confident, vocal and impromptu. Be confident but stay grounded. This was the school where I discovered my passion for writing. I got massive encouragement for every piece I wrote. It might have been very ordinary but it was always appreciated by my teachers. And of course, the values which I have inculcated are priceless.

So, the contrast between the teachings in Kolkata and Ahmedabad is distinct but both were essential in the making of what Karan Bhatt is right now. Not a big shot but a young, ambitious and confident man who is ready to face the cruel, gruesome world without reluctance. A teacher is indeed the best guide, friend and philosopher. Sometimes it takes the form of a father or mother too and cares for us like we are their own child. So this piece and everything I do in life, every successful moment, every confident interview I give and come out with high spirits, for that I thank each and every teacher.

 I thank them from the bottom of my heart because without them I wouldn’t even have been able to convey my emotions. Happy Teacher’s Day!



KARAN, Pickyouropinion.com GURUJEE, Competition Intern - See more at: http://pickyouropinion.com


No comments:

Post a Comment