Friday 5 September 2014

                                                  TEACHERS DAY

Teachers Day is a special day held in the admiration of teachers, and may include celebrations to kudos them for their exceptional contributions in a particular field area, or the community in general. Teacher's Day celebrations takes place throughout the globe.

India observes it on the 5th of September. 

The entire year is spent by our adorable teachers guiding us in a morally esteemed direction.

By celebrating the special occasion called the Teacher’s day,  we impart the message that we students honour and wish well for our teachers, just as they do. Observing this festival is the realization of the allegiance, with which,our teachers undertake the obligation of developing a child academically as well as ethically. 

On this particular day , students dress up as their teachers and teach their juniors with exuberance  ,  for once letting their teacher’s rejoice. As every bit of the day passes by, the students perform various actions that are done by their educationalists. Apart, from being the day when students acknowledge their teacher’s endurance , the occasion also blooms the relationship between the two.

Even if the celebration is not too high end, it still reflects the idea that we have high regards and admiration for our teachers.

Personally, it seems like yesterday when I saw my friends dressed up in tuxedos and saris, it struck me that how we had all grown up so soon. Moving on there was a time I was scolded by my favourite teacher. Well, I can’t say I blame her since I was at fault , I don’t remember what I had been doing, but what I do remember is that she called me after class and apologized for having scolded me. That was the loving gesture of Sunita Katoch Maam and at that moment, I realized the motherly love the teachers shower on us. My first time on stage was somewhat a disaster. I had to request the teacher to disperse the assembly, and instead I asked him to disturb it. I remember how silly I had felt, until my teacher told me that mistakes were essential to add humour to the dull morning assembly. Here, my mistakes and failures were camouflaged by warm hugs and encouraging words while small feats were magnified and applauded. But that’s what is so special about our teachers . They lends us wings while keeping us grounded.

I thank each and every teacher , its definitely because of them that today, we are who we are;  they have nourished our souls and taught us to work with integrity and honour.

So lets scream out and enjoy the jubilation of Teacher’s day!



MAHIMA, Pickyouropinion.com GURUJEE, Competition Intern - See more at: http://pickyouropinion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment